The Technical Institute was opened on 6 January 1898 by Sir Edward Poynter, President of the Royal Academy.
Cecil Laurence Burns was the first Principal of the school.
William Bower Dalton appointed Principal.
The original building was extended.
Stanley Thorogood appointed Principal.
The Junior Art School (later Secondary Art School) was established. This provided preliminary training for students aged 14-16 years. It closed in 1958 when the policy of separating secondary and further education was established.
William Johnstone appointed Principal.
Leonard Daniels appointed Principal.
New purpose-built block was built.
Ian Tregarthen Jenkin appointed Principal.
Camberwell took over the former premises of Wilson School on Wilson Road.
Camberwell School of Arts and Crafts became a constituent college of the London Institute, formed by the Inner London Education Authority (ILEA).
Renamed Camberwell College of Arts.
The Art History department closed and was replaced by PPD.
The London Institute was granted university status and was renamed University of the Arts London.